Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

And We Continue What We Started

Hi All,

Been very busy. Traffic is up significantly in the library. Color Online attendance is up and membership is growing at our online community. That's all the good stuff. More good stuff: I am so excited about our new president and his vision. Tuesday, I lay in bed, glued to watching the coverage. Of course I cried. The scary stuff is my family and many friends and extended family have been affected by the downturn in the economy.


Now on to the work. I am committed to making sacrifices and remaining focused on my projects, Color Online and the library. I believe leading the group and maintaining the library, in small but significant ways, will affect the young people I come into contact with. It doesn't matter if I see immediate change in them. What matters is acting on the faith that I am planting seeds and doing good work.

Yes, my own art is taking a backseat, but I truly believe what I'm doing is what I'm supposed to be doing. What I look forward to, in addition to writing, is supporting the art you are creating.

Until school ends, I will be focusing on writing book reviews. Expect a wide range of themes and age variants since I cater to girls and adults. I'll also be publishing interviews and reviews at Color Online's blog.

Thanks for your continued support,

bes

No comments: