Well, call me brave today. I writing a list so you all know what I'm behind on, what I fear and most importantly so you can cheer me on. Yep, I need encouragement people, and one thing I don't fear is asking for help.
So here's a short list (hey, gotta start small):
- Spend who knows how much time online getting cozy with MARVIN(this is Michigan's online unemployment site. I've forgotten what the acronym stands for).
- Follow up with folks at the school and school district who have said they are serious about addressing students' achievement gaps but all I've seen is posturing. You all know my thoughts on what folks say versus what they do. Ha, and this coming from a woman who just admitted why she hates writing to-do lists and is behind on tasks. I'm a hot mess. I digress. These things are bullet points, right?
- Go to the gym to attempt to arrest the rapid expansion of my rear. What happened to that firm, round attractive bump? Oh, that's right, that heyday was in my 20s, maybe a few glory days in my 30s? And I'm now....
- Pack up books to donate. The only real spoiler for my guy to become irritated is when he looks too long at my mountains of books that in all fairness are books I'm not going to read. Painters and carpenters are coming in a few days so I have to move stuff out.(argggggggggggg)
- Edit and publish a few pieces for BES and Color Online.
- Read. How long have I been nursing Ash? Lovely, lovely book.
- Write. Did I just write that? I've got nerve. When is the last time I've written something? I'm due. Enough said.