Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Six Sentence Saturday

I am following Mr. Maurer's, of Coffee for the Brain, lead. The idea is to talk about what I've read for the week regardless of how many books in six sentences. Love this. Thanks, MM.

First up is Liar by Justine Larbalestier, a book I have been waiting for forever and don't you know that when I finally get it, it's the same week I start a new job and get sick. Check out Zetta Elliott's review and you'll understand why I'm so anxious to read this.


Almost done with a Map of Home by Randa Jarrar. It's a coming of age story but this is not targeted to YA. I'm going to list a potential read for my daughter's homeschooling because it covers so many topics and themes: geography, world culture, history and coming of age. There's a fair amount of swearing, farting, hitting and masturbating so this that would likely be a hard sell for the classroom.

No comments: