Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

YA 2010 Reading Challenge

I've chosen to join this challenge because it aligns with my reading habits but more because I like group activities; they're opportunities to discover new reads.

There are four levels:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.

--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.

--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.

3. Audio, eBooks, paper all count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.

I'm going for Stepping It Out. I normally read YA. In 2010, I'm going to spend some time reading adult so I'll stick with 50 for this. I'm adding my short list for now:

Magic or Misery by Peter Marino
The God Box by Alex Sanchez
Say The Word by Jeanine Garsee
Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger
M+O 4EVR by Tonya Hegamin
Dramarama by E. Lockhart
Ask Me No Questions by Marina Budhos
Beneath My Mother's Feet by Amjed Qama
I Wanna Be Your Shoebox by Christina Garcia
Climbing The Stairs by Padma Venkatraman
One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Blessing's Bead by Debby Dahl Edwardson
Shooting Kabul by N. H. Senzai
A Mesquite in the Rose Garden by Guadalupe Garcia McCall
Indie Girl by Kavita Daswani
Wanting Mor by Rukhsana Khan

8 comments:

evelyn.n.alfred said...

I like this challenge. I could at least do the mini version.

susan said...

Sign up.

Jeannine Garsee said...

I hope you enjoy SAY THE WORD! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Young Adult Reading Challenge. I am so glad you have decided to join us in the fun. 2010 is going to be a great year in reading. I can just feel it!

Also, great list! Loved Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles!

N.H. Senzai said...

I'm honored to be on the list ;) Happy reading.

N.H. Senzai

ggwritespoetry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ggwritespoetry said...

Thank you for including my book, A Mesquite in the Rose Garden, on your list. I feel honored.

susan said...

Hi GG,
Real thanks is due to Ari at Reading In Color. I learned about your book from Ari who is an amazing resource and inspiration for me.