Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Six Sentences

Time for Saturday Six. At Color Online I mentioned we received a copy Come With Me, a collection of poetry for children by Naomi Shihab Nye.


The poems are whimsical, fun and insightful. I didn't read much poetry as a child. I'm playing catch up. What I have noticed over and over again is how sophisticated and simple children's poetry is, how it appeals to me the adult and the child I imagine I was. I say imagine because I don't know how I would have responded to these words when I was a child but I know the adult me wishes I had had this pleasure then. Read the title poem at Color Online.

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

I am such a fan of Naomi Shihab Nye, especially her prose poem works. I want to look into this collection as a possible library donation :) Thanks for letting me know!

susan said...

Hi Jessie,

Very glad to hear you're a fan, too.