Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Little Lov'n Monday

It's Monday. It's a day we give a little lov'n. Comments let bloggers know you're reading them. "I like this" in the comment section says plenty. Commit to reading and commenting to 5 blogs this week. Stop by the following links and drop a few links of your choice, too.

Rest in Peace, Ai @ Poefrika
Ai, who has described herself as 1/2 Japanese, Choctaw-Chickasaw, Black, Irish, Southern Cheyenne, and Comanche, was born in Albany, Texas, in 1947. She grew up in Tucson, Arizona.

Shine, Coconut Moon book discussion at Color Online
Did you read about or experience incidents like what happened to Uncle Sandeep in your community? What was it like in your community after 9/11?

Bayou discussion @ The Bottom of Heaven
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the parallel world of “Dixie” and the way it imposes itself on the material world of the 1930s South.

Judge Puts Rape Victims on Trial,Orders Lie Detector Test @ Change.org
an Ohio judge ordered that four teenage sexual assault victims get wired up to take polygraph (lie detector) tests -- paid for out of their own pockets.

Small Projects, Big Difference @My World-My Mundo
I must say, the visual learner in me is just as happy as can be. The kinesthetic learner in me loves to manipulate these clipboards while I read.

5 comments:

Tea said...

I would love to read all of these blogs. At least something from each one. I will make it a goal. I'm not the best at keeping goals(whisper,whisper).

April (BooksandWine) said...

I really think making a rape victim pay for a lie detector test is messed up. If we can spend trillions on a war over oil, I'm sure Uncle Sam can spare a dime for a lie detector test for a VICTIM. Sorry, I shouldn't get worked up in your space but this is so wrong. Thank you for sharing the link, Susan!

susan said...

April, I don't think a rape victim should have to take a lie detector test. She's the victim.

Nadege said...

Ai, was a remarkable poet and
so much more. Extremely unique
in her poetry and life.

Sue Jackson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment, Susan! I agree completely - I always try to visit the blogs of my commenters...I just had no idea people were commenting! I rely on my e-mail notifications and my Blogger dashboard to monitor all of my blogs. I have no idea how notifications got turned off on that one, but it's fixed now! You've got some interesting links here...think I'll go check them out.

Sue