Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ushering In A New Season

Every kid loves summer vacation but growing up I was also excited about returning to school. Back then I wouldn't haven't articulated it the same way, but I know now that school provided a kind of haven for me, a place where I could imagine and excel. School meant being with friends and supported by adults who cared about me.

I see fall as a beginning, a time of year when things are both exciting and familiar. Now that I'm older, fall means slowing down and enjoying the changes in season. I'm more aware and appreciative of the passage of time. In the fall I'm keenly aware of when the sun rises and falls. I feel the change in temperature in my bones. I anticipate the comfort foods I love this time of year and there's a bit of anxiety and anticipation concerning the holidays.

The fall is a time of slowing down and things dying but for me there are new stirrings. In the fall I take stock of how the year has gone. I contemplate if I feel stronger and better about what I did that year. This year I'm at the midway mark of my weight loss goal and there are some areas I'm frankly failing at. In terms of my weight, the biggie is tracking. I suck eggs at it. I'm comfortable with what I'm eating but if I want to continue to lose I'm going to have to track and plan. Organization and structure might as well be aliens from another planet in my world. The likelihood of me meeting ex terrestrials are higher than me successfully planning and journaling daily.

My goal this season is to learn to be methodical and organized and I'm not feeling confident at all. I'm a lot of things but no one has ever said organizational skills and goal-setting were among my strengths. I am more confident and excited about adding new classes and routines to my workouts. Simplifying. De-cluttering my life. I don't want to stall but slow down and enjoy what really matters: plugging in to places and with folks I love, enjoying a good cup of coffee, meditating and laughing more with the kidlet.

School starts Tuesday so I'll be returning, too. I still worry that I'm losing the battle when it comes to imparting to her a love of reading and learning; she'd rather go to the mall. ((sigh)) but I think we're finding a groove at home and it will be a better school year. This fall I want to find a way to balance guiding my daughter through the school year while meeting my own personal health goals and enjoying early evenings curled up on the couch reading a good book.

21 comments:

Marjorie said...

Hello, Susan. I have been a bad blog browser for the last few weeks so am only catching up with you now. I expect you're well and truly back in the new school year groove now. My older son started secondary school this month, which seems such a huge step - no it is a huge step: for all of us... Good luck with achieving your goals.

January said...

Just checking in. Hope you are well, and good luck with your goals. :)

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say hi. So happy to be reading you.

Brittany said...

I wish you luck! If you have time, I would love to see you at my blog! http://brittanysfantasy.blogspot.com/ :)

Kate Evangelista said...

Hi Susan,

I'm Kate Evangelista, author of Taste, and I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. If you have the time, please stop by The Coffee Bar by using the link below:

http://kateevangelistanovels.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Kate

Middle Minds said...

Hello,
I saw that you created a link to our class blog; does that mean that you are sending folks our way, or that you mentioned us in your writing, or none of the above :)

just wondering,
Tisha

Lenasledgeblog.com said...

I have set the same goal. Declutter and get more organized. I'm trying to do it in small steps. Organize one are in my life and then move on to the next. Wishing you much success.

javediqbal said...

Title:
The Best High Returns on Best Investment

Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:

Web Link:
http://www.whatacash.com

Display Name: whatacash


Đồ gia dụng said...

Card màn hình là một trong những thiết bị không thể thiếu của một màn hình máy tính trọn bộ. Đây cũng là thiết bị thường bị hỏng sau một thời gian sử dụng. Lúc này thì nhiều người thường nghĩ tới phương án mua carn màn hình cũ. Tuy nhiên, vấn đề đặt ra là, làm sao để có thể mua card màn hình chất lượng. Nếu bạn cũng đang quan tâm tới thông tin này, hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé

Hướng dẫn cách test card màn hình cũ có chất lượng hay không?


Linh kiện máy tính cũ chính hãng giá tốt bán ở đâu uy tín. Đây hẳn là thông tin những ai đang có dự định tìm mua linh kiện máy tính cũ quan tâm. Nếu bạn cũng đang quan tâm tới thông tin này, hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé

Linh Kiện Máy Tính Cũ Chính Hãng Giá Tốt Bán Ở Đâu Uy Tín


Đồ gia dụng said...

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/nguonmaytinhcu/about-me/

http://www.myfolio.com/nguonmaytinhcu

Đồ gia dụng said...

Gía máy tính để bàn là điều mà nhiều người đang cần mua máy tính quan tâm. Bởi lẽ máy tính là thứ không thể thiếu trong bất cứ công việc hay lĩnh vực nào. Thiếu máy tính dường như là điều không thể. Nói như thế chắc bạn cũng hiểu vai trò của máy tính trong cuộc sống cùa chúng ta rồi chứ.
Vậy điều gì ảnh hưởng đến giá máy tính để bàn? Và ở đâu có giá máy tính cây tốt nhất? Câu trả lời sẽ có trong nội dung bài viết dưới đây. Bên cạnh đó là rất nhiều thông tin thú vị khác liên quan đến vấn đề này đang chờ các bạn khám phá.


http://www.droidforums.net/members/giamaytinhdeban.422716/

https://www.diendandj.com/members/giamaytinhdeban.159175/

https://kenhxaydung.vn/index.php?members/giamaytinhdeban.72158/

https://www.thephotoforum.com/members/giamaytinhdeban.241549/

http://muare30s.com/members/giamaytinhdeban.2259/

https://ba-k.com/foro/members/giamaytinhdeban.2353715/#about

Đồ gia dụng said...

Máy tính để bàn là một trong những thiết bị không thể thiếu đối với thời đại công nghệ thông tin như hiện nay. Tuy nhiên, không phải ai cũng có kinh nghiệm để sử dụng máy tính để bàn kéo dài tuổi thọ. Đặc biệt là những ai lầm thường gặp sau đây? Vậy, cụ thể những sai lầm thường gặp khi sử dụng máy tính để bàn cũ làm giảm tuổi thọ là gì? Nếu bạn cũng đang sử dụng máy tính để bàn, hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé.
Những sai lầm thường gặp khi sử dụng máy tính để bàn cũ làm giảm tuổi thọ máy

Đồ gia dụng said...

lưới chống chuột
lưới chống côn trùng
cửa lưới chống muỗi hà nội

Buồn thế said...

Tôi thích những gì bạn chia sẻ

cửa lưới dạng xếp

cửa lưới chống muỗi

lưới chống chuột

cửa lưới chống muỗi hà nội

Đồ gia dụng said...


Vào thời điểm này, khi mà sinh viên các trường đại học đã dần bước vào học kỳ mới. Việc trang bị cho mình các thiết bị học tập là vô cùng cần thiết. Trong khi đó không thể kể thiết bị để phục vụ cho việc học công nghệ thông tin như máy tính để bàn trọn bộ. Tuy nhiên, làm thế nào để có thể tìm được địa chỉ bán uy tín cũng như làm sao để biết được giá của máy tính để bàn ở thời điểm hiện tại là bao nhiêu thì không phải ai cũng có kinh nghiệm.
Hiểu được băn khoăn này, bài viết hôm nay chúng tôi sẽ chia sẻ tới bạn cách tìm thông tin về giá máy tính để bàn. Nếu bạn đang dự định tìm mua thiết bị này cho mình hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé
https://www.ohay.tv/view/gia-cua-may-tinh-de-ban-o-thoi-diem-hien-tai-la-bao-nhieu/TROKX1Ald6

Chiến NHX said...

ok good

Dịch vụ vận chuyển chó mèo cảnh Sài Gòn Hà Nội

Chuyên dịch vụ phối giống chó Corgi tại Hà Nội

Phối chó Bull Pháp

Bồn ngâm massage chân Doca said...

Những chia sẻ của bạn thực sự hữu ích

máy tính hà nội

màn hình máy tính

mua máy tính cũ

màn hình máy tính cũ

Đồ gia dụng said...

https://maylamgiatot.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/meo-tranh-muoi-trong-mua-mua/
https://leuxonghoigiadinh.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/tuyet-chieu-tranh-muoi-trong-mua-mua/
https://mayxoidatnongnghiep.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/meo-hay-tranh-muoi-trong-mua-mua/
https://maylamdattrongngo.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/bat-mi-meo-tranh-muoi-trong-mua-mua/
https://maynongnghiepdananggiare.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/he-lo-cach-tranh-muoi-trong-mua-mua/

đá đẹp said...

I'm glad to know your website, and nice to meet you all. this is my website
bài thơ viết trong đêm buồn
Tai game WeWin
Tai kim86
ki lan da

Bulk Tote Bags said...

Hya mà a

What is PP (Polypropylene)? Its Application In our Life

Learn more about FIBC bags

What is Flexo printing technology? Why did FIBC manufacturers choose this technology?

Bulk Tote Bags said...

Hay quá mà

pp jumbo bag scrap

type a fibc