Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday Scribblings

Here's my response to competition at Sunday Scribblings. The older I get the less inclined or interested I am in competition, yet I still compete. When I was younger I wanted adulation, acceptance, access to what I felt was outside of myself. In looking back I realize I was in a hurry to be the best or to be good at something, or to get head because ultimately I believed with winning, I would be good enough.


Competition

Cranking the gears, spinning quickly to get ahead instantly and then peddling furiously backwards or in place to rewind the time sped past, because I'm no longer in a hurry to arrive at place I wish I hadn’t reached so quickly.

3 comments:

Frances D said...

Well-said with an economy of words.
My favorite part: because I'm no longer in a hurry to arrive at place I wish I hadn’t reached so quickly.
Thanks for sharing.
because I'm no longer in a hurry to arrive at place I wish I hadn’t reached so quickly.

gautami tripathy said...

I loved the short, pithy post!

Go Compete

UL said...

Ending, loved it again, you always end it so well....

destination reaches too quickly...sometimes and makes one wonder how much we missed along the way in our rush to hurry and win

Thank you.


UL