Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Six Sentences on Sunday

Well clearly it's not Saturday which makes this late. I tell you what you work full-time, publish two blogs, manage three Facebook pages, launch a boycott and then adjust your protest because of the publisher's limp apology that nonetheless distracts folks so you shift gears, waging the same agenda albeit 'boycott', read (that's the foundation of all of this, right?) raise a teenager and do what you can to maintain a healthy relationship with your significant other. Let me know how well you manage blog schedule with all that.

Having said all that, I am happy to share with you my current reads. Saturday Six Sentences is an exercise where you describe all your reading for the week in six sentences. Let's see how I do.

I'm currently reading award winner, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly and I just picked up The Negro Speaks of Rivers by Langston Hughes, illustrated by E.B. White. I'm excited about them both. I'm enjoying Calpurnia and I love, love, love Hughes.


Also reading for Women Unbound, Iran Awakening by Shrinin Ebadi which I relate to because of a personal experience you can read about at Color Online in our New Crayons: What's New On Our Shelf post that also includes a new read, Last Night I sang To the Monster which technically I haven't started because I'm busy writing articles on my blogs.

With two sentences to spare, I'm inviting you to join the POC Challenge and to join me and fellow bloggers in our campaign to publicly criticize publishers who whitewash book covers. Learn more at Readers Against WhiteWashing.

No comments: