Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Affirming My Whole and Peace-filled Self

Here's what Linda Spangle has in store for us to do today: Tell yourself "I can do it." at least 10 times. Use this to cheerlead yourself through the entire day! In your notebook, write "I can do it because. . ." and then add a few supportive phrases such as "I'm capable of doing anything." Read your phrases often, using them to reinforce your goals and build your enthusiasm. Good luck! Looking forward to your posts.

If I still had my car, I'd would have gone to Meeting. A few years ago, I began attending Quaker Meetings in Ann Arbor. My first service was everything I needed.We practice what is called silent worship. It's a kind of collective meditation. It is a serene peaceful way to connect with God. I look forward to becoming still, being open to expectant listening.

Today's lesson is attuned to what I embraced in the 90s, you know, the New Age era where affirmations and meditation were celebrated like a new (nothing new about it) found religion. I believe in the power of the spoken word. When we say a thing we are asking the universe to align our reality with our thinking.

Day 7 of 100 Days

For today's lesson, I affirm, I can do this because:

I am everything I need to be right now in this moment.
I am living and breathing perfect health and wholeness.
In my world, I can do anything.


Starting weight: 171 lbs.
Current weight: 153.2 lbs.
Current week: -1.4 lbs.
Total weight loss: -17.8 lbs.

*Periodically I'll share my progress because the assignments are about more than weight loss. For me they are about healing and creating the life I want.

1 comment:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Thanks for the reminder about Quakerism. I had once considered attending a meeting, but got caught up in other things. It sounds like just the thing for an introvert like me, so maybe I'll check it out next weekend!